Booking a doctor's appointment (telephone 0151 691 2088 )
- Make an appointment with the surgery by telephone, in person or online (see below for details)
- You can pre-book an appointment up to two weeks in advance subject to availability.
- We reserve some appointments every surgery for emergencies "on the day". If you need an appointment the same day, please ring as early as possible in the day to arrange this. We open at 8am.
- If you want to discuss test results or have a minor query you can book a telephone consultation with the doctor. Ring and request this and the doctor will return your call at the beginning or the end of the surgery of your choice.
- You can now book your appointment with the doctor directly online. You will first have to register for this service in person at the practice (bring some form of personal identification with you, eg, passport, driving licence, birth certificate). Once you have been allocated your secret user ID and password, click here to use online booking.
- On Wednesday evenings we have a late surgery 6.30-8.30pm; this is especially useful for people who work full-time. There are both doctor's and nurse's appointments available. This surgery is booked in the usual way as above. This is a good way for people with long-term health conditions such as blood pressure or diabetes to access the regular checks they need without losing time from work.
Booking to see a specialist practice nurse:
(telephone 0151 691 2088)
- Appointments with the nurses may be made in advance, or, at less busy times, on the day.
- If you are not sure whether the nurse can deal with your problem, speak to the receptionist or visit the Clinics and Services page
- Nursing appointments must be made by speaking to the reception staff, not using online booking. This is because some problems need longer than others and online booking is not yet flexible enough to do this.
When we are closed:
Doctors: There is always a GP on call at the GP Out of Hours centre at Arrowe Park Hospital when we are not open. If you have a medical problem that cannot wait until we are next open, ring the surgery on 691 2088 to obtain the number of the Out of Hours service and then ring them for a same-day appointment.
Nurses: if you are under the care of the district nurses and need urgent attention from them when we are closed, ring the surgery on 691 2088 to obtain the number of the Out of Hours service and then ring them for a nurse.
Dentists: If you need emergency dental treatment, ring the surgery on 691 2088 to obtain the number of the Out of Hours service and then ring them for a same-day appointment.
Advice: Your local Pharmacist can offer advice on a wide variety of medical problems including minor illnesses, colds and flu. Just drop in and speak to them.
NHS direct can also offer useful advice on all health issues and can be accessed by ringing 111 or online at http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/
The hospital accident and emergency unit is currently struggling to meet demand. If you have a problem which you would normally see the GP with, please do not go to A&E, but contact the on call GP as above. The A&E unit should be dealing with only accidents and medical emergencies. If you are in doubt please speak to GP out of Hours or NHS Direct on 111 for advice and they will help you decide.
Book or cancel an appointment with your doctor online!
You can now book doctors' appointments online through EMIS access. This is a secure service and is only available to patients of this practice.
Registration is in two parts: first you need to come to the practice in person with some form of identification (passport, photo driving licence or birth certificate) and you will be given your personal secure ID number and password. Second, with this information you will be able to register onto Online Booking using your computer.
Keep your security details and password safe and if you think other people may know them without your consent, tell the practice. We will stop access immediately and change your details. We recommend that you do not share your details with anybody else, even family members. If you do this, you breach your confidentiality - other people will be able to see your private medical information.
Only one registration is allowed per patient, even in the case of adults registering for children. This is a limitation of the system and is beyond our control.
Register here for EMIS access ( using secure identification numbers from the practice)
Click here to book your appointment online
You can also change or cancel an appointment, update contact information and your address and order a prescription with this link.
Appointments with the doctors are timed at 10 minutes each.
Doctors deal with a wide variety of problems ranging from recent sudden illness to the ongoing management of long term diseases and prevention of disease in the future. Some problems need more time than others.
You can help the doctor by stating your problem clearly and concisely. If you have more than one problem, you may be asked to concentrate on the most important one on the first appointment and return on another day for the other ones.